Saturday, October 3, 2015

Business Architecture - The Missing Link and Silent Giant between Strategy and Execution

This is the #1 reason why companies need to start thinking more about bridging the gap between people and technology. Today every project endeavor is unique and we can always sacrifice IT Agility with Business Agility. The reason that Business Architecture (BA) exists is purely due to VUCA (Volatility, Uncertainty, Complexity, Ambiguity) but most important the evolving dynamics of mitigating project failure early-on. For example, Gartner has reported 75% of projects failed leaving only 25% of projects successful or healthy. Does this mean that they do something different that the rest of us?

Yes, indeed they are embracing concepts of Business Agility beyond the semantics of theory and putting solid bedrock to execution, funding models and strategic investments. This bedrock is called business architecture a silent giant proposed as a solution to building technology like a house with termites that will later on will need to be reassessed for value, scalability and capability to meet strategic business outcomes.

The Project World & World Congress Business Analysis conference will offer opportunities a spice of what BA is and will allow you to inspect and view an interdisciplinary case study for global software implementation using business architecture methodologies and practices.

Resources to Explore

Understanding Business Architecture (Defined, Value, Use, Engage)

Gartner Webinars

Bob The BA - BA Architect Skillset and Recommended Readings

2015 Top Trends in Business Analysis

Transformational Roles

50 Shades of BAs - How to Evolve to Strategic Leadership?

About the Author
Jaleann M. McClurg, MPH, CSM, CHTS-TR
ICD-10 CM AHIMA Approved Trainer
VP, Membership
(404) 849-0573
International Institute of Business Analysis (IIBA) - Greater Atlanta
Twitter: @cre8bitacle

No comments: